Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Dec 17 15 7:55 AM

I have had intermittent dashboard problems too.  Usually if you log out and log back in that will fix the problem.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Dec 17 15 12:33 PM

arunsharma7 wrote:
My token also changes couple of weeks ago and I have redo the entore setup again, now the issue is toekn is working fine from IFTTT but the actual hook dashboard doesn't show my device.
Kind of strange, have tried from multiple places and devices with same result

Its a known bug. For now, you can logout and log back in to resolve. 

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Dec 27 15 11:55 AM

again the token has changed and none of the DO button or existing recipes are working and IFTTT has disabled those, I will have to refresh those with new token.
Also the dashboard had no devices listed under my login for couple of days (I did logout and log-in and used diff machine and browser), I think it is worth taking a look as changing the token in the actual production version would not be a good customer experience

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Dec 28 15 9:15 AM

HI Arun, 

Sorry for the continued trouble, and we very much appreciate you bringing this to our notice. This is why beta is so important. Anigo and his team are looking into the issue and we will inform you as soon as a resolution is reached. 

Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Dec 28 15 1:25 PM

arunsharma7 wrote:
again the token has changed and none of the DO button or existing recipes are working and IFTTT has disabled those, I will have to refresh those with new token.
Also the dashboard had no devices listed under my login for couple of days (I did logout and log-in and used diff machine and browser), I think it is worth taking a look as changing the token in the actual production version would not be a good customer experience

Arun, for the production version we are giving the control of the accessToken to your own hands. It will not change unless you manually change it. It's weird that you are facing this issue in the beta app. For me to investigate further could you tell me when was the last time you logged out/logged back in and used those accessTokens for IFTTT?

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jan 3 16 3:14 PM

Appreciate the response.. I am sorry but I don't remember the exact dates but somewhere around 22nd Dec I think the old token stopped working and after that for almost a week I wasn't able to login anywhere by trying diff combinations. It again started to work I think around 30th Of dec but the token was changed. If u want I can give you my device id if you don't have and you may be able to see from log when the switch happen

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jan 4 16 2:00 PM

Ryan wrote:
I've also had a number of problems with the token expiring. I have not even logged in or out sometimes and it still expired.

Hey Ryan,

We apologize sincerely. We are in middle on porting beta users to production web app. It should finish by tomorrow. After than token issues will be a thing of past. I have let Anigo know of your plight just in case. 

We appreciate your continued support and help.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jan 7 16 8:26 AM

Direct interfacing with the hook?

Will it be possible to call the hook on the local lan w/o having to use access tokens, etc, since we are within our own network?  I have big plans for integrating this into my home automation rig, including using the Ha-Automation bridge for the Echo, and others (Vera), and would really like to simply be able to call all of this directly, rather than adding latency for going out via the cloud and back.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Jan 7 16 12:09 PM

jschisurf wrote:
Will it be possible to call the hook on the local lan w/o having to use access tokens, etc, since we are within our own network?  I have big plans for integrating this into my home automation rig, including using the Ha-Automation bridge for the Echo, and others (Vera), and would really like to simply be able to call all of this directly, rather than adding latency for going out via the cloud and back.

Yes, We aiming to add support for local lan control by Summer 2016. It is a frequent ask.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Mar 14 16 2:07 PM

Alexa revisited

If you're willing to add some latency and another 3rd party service to avoid saying "trigger," (excellent for family acceptance) there may be a temporary workaround that should work until Alexa integration. Mostly theoretical and untested while i still await my hook but other elements seem to work. Set up a virtual switch in smartthings (you don't need an actual hub, just a free account - Google can help with how). Link that account and its "switch" to Alexa and also to ifttt. Set up an iftt action to activate whatever on your hook when your smartthings "switch" turns on. Then you can just tell Alexa to turn on whatever it is instead of triggering it and she should say "ok" instead of "sending that to ifttt." Reasons this wouldn't work from there more experienced with these tools?

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Mar 14 16 2:42 PM

Update

Actually without the hub hooked up i can't get Alexa to realize it can control the virtual devices. May be an idea that needs more thought. Will try again when my hub is set up as it seems to be searching locally for the hub instead of going to my account for the devices.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Mar 14 16 3:24 PM

Last one.

Sorry this won't let me remind our delete old posts. Alexa was just having issues with my device name. With no hub connected to my account, i confirmed i can trigger an ifttt event as described by saying turn on then the virtual device name. No reason that ifttt command couldn't be to a hook (when i get one, hopefully soon. :). There was not much lag in the limited test.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Mar 31 16 12:38 PM

@Beckyricha - BRILLIANT! I put your theory to the test (without a ST Hub) and it worked great. Even better, the latency is less than the IFTTT/Maker combo!

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Apr 1 16 10:24 AM

better smarthings integration

I just made a slightly better (but still rough) smartthings integration with a custom device type to eliminate IFTTT altogether, but posted the info on the "getting starter" topic instead of here.  It is superfast by comparison. 

I think it would still work wihtout a hub, but I have a hub now so did it that way.  Could at least test your use case this way, but seemed most fair to me to use their servers and buy their product, which is very cheap for what it does.  It's awesome how much programming and playing you can do without one, though, to see if it will work for you.  It wowld be best to ultimately get a full integration where hook tells the hub about its devices on offer, but more than I care to learn how to do.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Apr 8 16 7:49 AM

blog is good

I figured it out thanks to the blog

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help