Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Apr 13 16 6:54 AM

I used the weather channel as a way of turning on lights every day at sunset, found that somewhere on here. But would like them to turn on an hour before sunset. Anybody got a way of adding some logic to that so it could find sunset and then subtract an hour as the trigger to turn on lights?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Apr 13 16 8:56 AM

It's kludgy but if you are able to specify city/zip code to the weather channel app you might be able to pick a different time zone (ie central is one hour before eastern, mountain is one hour before central and pacific is one hour before mountain...now take a look at the time difference in when sunset occurs....if you can find one that consistantly is an hour ahead of your location it would do the trick for now.  This is just tossing an idea out as I didn't research details.

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Apr 20 16 8:29 AM

That's a good idea, but I use the weather channel app for more things like forecasts and rain tracking that would get messed up by changing my location.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

May 18 16 12:22 PM

When I copy the URL from the iOS hook app, it has token=null at the end, and it doesn't work when I test hitting the url. I also tried viewing my token and setting token= in the url, but that doesn't work either. Help!

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

May 18 16 12:54 PM

It sounds like the hook website does not have your hook token associated correctly.  You may have to delete/readd the hub...no clue if this means you will have to redo  your devices if they are associated with that hub.   You could also see if you are able to add the hook AGAIN under a new name then set all your devices to use that new name and see if their ifttt url's are correct without deleting the old one.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

May 18 16 1:01 PM

@csx89   If you abandon IFTTT and are prepared to learn a little about smartthings you can integrate your devices into smartthings and via THEIR interface you can have a routine which does what you want easily enough.....there's a thread on the forum with alot of info in it.  No actual smartthings hardware is required to make it work.

Last Edited By: famewolf May 18 16 11:55 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#47 [url]

May 18 16 1:12 PM

I figured this out... while there does appear to be a bug in the iOS app about the token not being on the URL (the web app does have the token on the URL).  I was checking to see if my rule was working by clicking the "check rule" button on IFFFT, not realising that it was returning false since it was a time of day based rule.  I put the URL into my web browser and the corresponding command did end up working through hook.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jun 15 16 6:42 PM

dupedupeshakur wrote:
I figured this out... while there does appear to be a bug in the iOS app about the token not being on the URL (the web app does have the token on the URL).  I was checking to see if my rule was working by clicking the "check rule" button on IFFFT, not realising that it was returning false since it was a time of day based rule.  I put the URL into my web browser and the corresponding command did end up working through hook.

Just wanted to thank you for posting back about this.  None of my IFTTT recipes were working, although they were triggering correctly.  After reading your posts, I also found that my tokens were all null in the Android app.  After copying the addresses from the website (tokens correct), everything seems to be working great.  I submitted a ticket through the app just to give the devs a heads-up.  I wonder if this is widespread...

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Mar 13 17 9:49 AM

@kblog1438 I've built a tool to allow this kind of Random On/Off funtionality that can integrate with IFTTT using the "Date & Time" and "Maker" channels.

I've posted about it here: http://gethook.lefora.com/topic/133/Hook-Scene-Maker-and-more-Tools-for-Hook :-)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help